Assistant Engineer, Sechelt, British Columbia
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented lumber company with operations in Canada and the United States. We have an annual production capacity of 3 billion board feet and offer one of the most diverse lines of lumber products to customers around the world.
What We Offer
Interfor is where excellence meets opportunity. We invest in your success by positioning you alongside the best people in top quartile mill facilities located in great communities across North America. In the past decade, we've infused close to $1 billion into modern facilities and systems that employ the latest technologies. Interfor is one of the largest lumber companies in the world and we're growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success.
We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Engineer for our Coastal Woodlands Division Sechelt, BC. The Assistant Engineer will be responsible for planning and directing site engineering as well as have a strong commitment to safety.
What You’ll Do
- Road and cutblock field reconnaissance, layout, surveying, mapping and design
- Assisting in the preparation and submission of road permits and cutting permits including the preparation of appraisal data and road designs
- Administrative responsibilities to plan and implement forestry operations
- Liaison assistance with First Nations, interest groups and government agencies
What You Offer
- Degree or diploma in Forestry
- 1-2 summers of forestry field experience
- Eligibility for registration or registration with the Association of BC Forest Professionals (RFT, RPF) is preferred Aptitude in Microsoft, Road Eng, TFM and the management of GPS traverse data
- Good physical fitness
- Strong commitment to safety and environment
- Practical knowledge of timber quality and value
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work independently and within a team environment
- Detail oriented.
- Action and results oriented
- Recognize problems and have them corrected immediately
- Understand the importance of teamwork and have a positive impact on the team.
- Open-minded and positive in dealing with change and new ways of doing things.
- Take personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work.
Interested in being a part of our team? Apply online at www.interfor.com/careers
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.