Development Forester, Grand Forks, British Columbia
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented lumber company with operations in Canada and the United States. We have an annual production capacity of 3 billion board feet and offer one of the most diverse lines of lumber products to customers around the world.
What We Offer
Interfor is where excellence meets opportunity. We invest in your success by positioning you alongside the best people in top quartile mill facilities located in great communities across North America. In the past decade, we’ve infused close to $1 billion into modern facilities and systems that employ the latest technologies.
Interfor is one of the largest lumber companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success.
We are currently recruiting for a Development Forester, for our Grand Forks or Castlegar office locations. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting all business aspects of Standing Timber Inventory (STI) Development.
What You’ll Do
- Working with consultants to develop Cutting Permits and STI
- Quality control for field work
- Foster positive relationships with all Stakeholders and First Nations
- Preparation & sign-off of Site Plans and Logging Plans
- Managing associated safety and environmental performance
- Cost control and operational efficiency improvements
- Stumpage appraisal submissions
What You Offer
- Background in all aspects of Cutting Permit development
- RPF designation with a minimum of 3 years of related forestry experience
- Experience with Cengea Resources an asset
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Physically fit for regular field work
- Strong commitment to safety
Interested in being a part of our team? Apply online at www.interfor.com/careers
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.