Procurement Forester, Molalla, Oregon
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented lumber company with operations in Canada and the United States. We have an annual production capacity of 3 billion board feet and offer one of the most diverse lines of lumber products to customers around the world.
What We Offer
Interfor is where excellence meets opportunity. We invest in your success by positioning you alongside the best people in top quartile mill facilities located in great communities across North America. In the past decade, we’ve infused close to $1 billion into modern facilities and systems that employ the latest technologies.
Interfor is one of the largest lumber companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success.
What You’ll Do
- Negotiate with timber suppliers and purchases timber on behalf of the company.
- Monitor supplier performance versus targets, costs and quality; implement corrective action as needed.
- Cruise, appraise, and administer timber sales.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, including contract administration, financial, safety, timber security and environmental policy.
What You Offer
- Post-secondary degree in Forestry, Business, or related field
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the forest products industry
- Knowledge of timber harvesting, road building, cruising, and log scaling techniques in the Pacific Northwest
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Detail and results oriented
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively in a highly interactive team environment
- Strong negotiating skills (i.e. analytical, quick-thinking, and innovative)
- Self-starter as demonstrated by prior experience
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Interested in being a part of our team? Apply online at www.interfor.com/careers
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.