Land Use Planner, Campbell River, BC
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented lumber company with operations in Canada and the United States. We have an annual production capacity of 3 billion board feet and offer one of the most diverse lines of lumber products to customers around the world.
What We Offer
Interfor is where excellence meets opportunity. We invest in your success by positioning you alongside the best people in top quartile mill facilities located in great communities across North America. In the past decade, we’ve infused close to $1 billion into modern facilities and systems that employ the latest technologies.
Interfor is one of the largest lumber companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success.
We are currently recruiting for a Land Use Planner for our Coastal Woodlands in Campbell River, BC. The Land Use Planner will be responsible for supporting strategic initiatives within the Land Use department. Land Use plays a key role in identifying and addressing encumbrances that place a downward pressure on the timber that is available for harvesting.
What You’ll Do
- Perform analysis and contribute to decision making on First Nations initiatives, Wildlife management and timber supply (GIS analysis for chart evaluation, AAC calculations, GBR interpretation).
- Support strategic planning under the Great Bear Rainforest Order (LRDs, tracking and implementation, data support).
- Coordinate with the Planning and Operations departments to support the implementation of results/strategies in our Forest Stewardship Plans.
- Assist in maintaining up-to-date GIS data inventories for staff to utilize in decision making.
- Assist with license extensions and replacements (TL, FL, TFL).
- Assist with Forest Stewardship Plan amendments.
- Support land use staff in research and problem solving of various initiatives
What You Offer
- Minimum 3 years’ related GIS experience in the forest sector
- Eligibility for registration as / already a Registered Professional Forester (RPF), Registered Forest Technologist (RFT) or Forester in Training (FIT) with the ABCFP; but a combination of other education/training and experience will also be considered.
- Solid understanding of ESRI ArcMap, MS Access, and MS Excel to perform and present complex analytical projects to support strategic initiatives.
- Working knowledge of TFM and other related software to support forestry business objectives.
- Participates training courses as required to support job functions.
- Commitment to maintaining a safe work environment without compromise.
- Recognize problems and have them corrected immediately.
- Understand the importance of teamwork and have a positive impact on the team.
- Open-minded and positive in dealing with change and new ways of doing things.
- Able to communicate effectively with team and other departments.
- Presents information in a clear, concise and logical format (verbally and in writing) to position a recommendation or potential solution to an issue.
- Take personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work.
- Demonstrates an understanding and general knowledge of the technical areas of own specialty, and how business objectives are supported.
Interested in being a part of our team? Apply online at www.interfor.com/careers We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.