First Nations Lead: Interior Woodlands, Adams Lake, BC
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented lumber company with operations in Canada and the United States. We have an annual production capacity of 3 billion board feet and offer one of the most diverse lines of lumber products to customers around the world.
What We Offer
Interfor is where excellence meets opportunity. We invest in your success by positioning you alongside the best people in top quartile mill facilities located in great communities across North America. In the past decade, we’ve infused close to $1 billion into modern facilities and systems that employ the latest technologies.
Interfor is one of the largest lumber companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success.
We are currently recruiting for a First Nations Lead for our BC Interior Woodlands. The First Nations Lead will support the BC Interior Woodlands ability to achieve AAC w/profitable project volume, meet mill delivery targets and look for incremental volume opportunities.
What You’ll Do
- Build and maintain relationships
- Development of agreements (MOU and B2B) with FN partners including:
- negotiation, term sheet development, contract development
- internal engagement and input with
- completion of internal approval process
- Maintain or implement existing agreements
- Participate in monthly meetings
- Close communication with the Manager, Economic Partnerships, Adams Lake and Kootenay Woodlands Managers regarding upcoming issues and opportunities
- Input and support regarding Interior FN strategy development
What You Offer
- Bachelor’s degree in forestry or related degree in natural resource management or ecological sciences
- Eligibility or accreditation with the Association of BC Forest Professionals is an asset.
- Experience working with First Nations or First Nations businesses is an asset
- 10+ years’ experience in forest management preferably on the BC Interior
- Knowledge of cost drivers with respect to development planning and harvesting operations
- Travel to Interfor Interior Operations for short periods may be required
- High level of integrity and professionalism
- Commitment to safety and environment
- Strong understanding of and respect for First Nations values and culture
- Experience working with First Nations and First Nations ventures
- History knowledge of First Nations and legal precedents
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strategic thinking, ability to see assess opportunities and risks
- Strong working knowledge of forest policy in BC, harvest costs, stand valuations
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.