Procurement Forester (Monticello, AR)
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented lumber company with operations in Canada and the United States. We have an annual production capacity of 3 billion board feet and offer one of the most diverse lines of lumber products to customers around the world.
What We Offer
Interfor is where excellence meets opportunity. We invest in your success by positioning you alongside the best people in top quartile mill facilities located in great communities across North America. In the past decade, we’ve infused close to $1 billion into modern facilities and systems that employ the latest technologies.
Interfor is one of the largest lumber companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success.
We are currently recruiting for a Procurement Forester for Monticello sawmill in Monticello, AR. The Procurement Forester will be responsible for purchasing and coordinating the log flow to meet production needs.
What You’ll Do
- Build, develop, and maintain relationships with loggers, suppliers, and landowners.
- Cruise, survey, evaluate and appraise standing timber for stumpage purchases.
- Implement log procurement strategies to help position sawmills as a low-cost producer of lumber.
- Work closely with other Interfor personnel to ensure optimal procurement approach within the Interfor procurement system.
- Monitor and evaluate market data and information in the development of pricing and inventory approach.
- Implement inventory strategies to align with mill needs, seasonal conditions, and current/forecasted markets.
- Work closely with procurement and operations personnel to ensure log supply and log quality aligns with sawmill needs in order to maximize value and throughput.
What You Offer
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in forestry or related field.
- Knowledge of local log markets preferred.
- Thorough understanding of supply chain logistics including the harvesting and hauling of forest products.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Possess strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Detailed and results oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly interactive team environment.
- Strong negotiating skills (i.e. analytical, quick-thinking, innovative).
- Strong math background.
- Computer skills - Microsoft office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Interested in being a part of our team? Apply online at www.interfor.com/careers
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.