Millwright, Eatonton, Georgia
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented lumber company with operations in Canada and the United States. We have an annual production capacity of 3 billion board feet and offer one of the most diverse lines of lumber products to customers around the world.
What We Offer
Interfor provides local stability and opportunity. We help bring out the best in all our people by offering long-term, competitive jobs supported by training, education and great benefits. Plus, you’ll be working with the industry’s latest technologies in clean, safe and modern mills. Interfor is one of the largest lumber companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success.
What You’ll Do
- Must adhere to all safety policies and standards.
- Must adhere to all HR policies and standards.
- Read, write, and understand equipment drawings and blueprints.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance duties.
- Cutting, welding, and performing fabrication work with different types of steel.
- Assess repairs and estimate time frames to complete repairs.
- Repair machinery in a timely manner.
- Identify mechanical and hydraulic problems and assist in findings solutions and making necessary repairs.
- Change sprockets, bearings, chain, etc.
- Communicate directly and professionally with operators about how equipment is running and to learn about any problems.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with the Planning and Scheduling Departments.
- Must adhere to an absolute lock-out/tag-out policy. Before any repairs are made, the power source to the equipment must be turned off, locked out, and tested to ensure isolation.
- Effectively manage and plan work so as to accomplish all job tasks without having direct supervision on all matters.
- Submit work requests.
- Fill out completed work orders listing work done, parts used, and the time it took to complete the job.
- Perform any other duties in any area requested by Supervisor in order to keep area in operation.
- Clean up after each job.
- Physical Requirements: Walking, standing, sitting, climbing stairs, bending, and lifting (up to 50 lbs.)
What You Offer
- Understanding of mechanical and hydraulic concepts.
- Ability to follow instructions and work without constant supervision.
- Must obtain the skills to be able to run any piece of equipment so that test runs can be performed for each machine on which repairs are made.
- Must be a team player and able to work with people in an intelligent and professional manner.
- Must be able to work flexible schedules which could include weekends, holidays, and call-in duties.
- This position requires someone who is a self-starter. There is always something to be done without necessarily being told to do so.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 2-4 years of experience (unless coming in as a Trainee.
Interested in being a part of our team? Apply online at www.interfor.com/careers We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.